The graduate in business informatics is responsible for the ongoing development of the solution for the financial sector at SCHUMANN.
New Single Sign-On Procedure in CAM
From now on CAM provides a new Single Sign-On (SSO) with OpenID Connect (OIDC). This procedure is supported by a very large number of providers and technologies, thus simplifying integration into different environments and applications. With this, you also get increased security while maximizing ease of use, as users' credentials are stored in only one place.
Benefits of OpenID Connect
Single Sign-On (SSO) with OpenID Connect (OIDC) offers several advantages:
- Ease of use: Users only need to sign in once to gain access to multiple applications and services, rather than having to sign in separately for each application.
- Increased security: Because the user's credentials are stored in only one place, there is less risk of data loss or theft.
- Increased productivity: Users can more quickly access the applications and services they are authorized to use. This results in increased productivity.
- Reduced administrative costs: Storage of user credentials occurs in only one location. Consequently, managing credentials is easier and more cost-effective.
- Better control over access permissions: By using OIDC, access permissions for each application can be controlled independently of other applications.
A key advantage of OpenID Connect (OIDC) over the method previously implemented with Kerberos is that OIDC is an open standard protocol, whereas Kerberos is a proprietary protocol that only works in Microsoft environments. This means that OIDC is supported by a wider range of providers and technologies, enabling integration with different environments and applications.
Moreover, OIDC offers more flexibility and scalability, as it is not limited to local networks and allows authentification over the Internet, for instance, within our hosting. Furthermore, the management of user profiles and access rights is straightforward, and there are several OIDC providers that offer quick and easy implementation.