- Moderator Mike Holley - Strategic Advisor, SCHUMANN
- Amy Shinkman - Vice President, Export Credit Insurance, Export-Import Bank of the U.S.
- Vinco David - Secretary General, Berne Union
- Phil Bonner - Global Head of Credit and Financial Risk, Reinsurance, Aon Benfield
SCHUMANN will be hosting a panel discussion at ExCred 2021
ExCred Digital will take place on 23 and 24 March 2021. ExCred is the leading event for the for the ECA and private insurance sector. The meeting point for heads of ECAs, private insurers, their customers and partners offers the almost 700 annual participants from 50 countries the ideal opportunity to find out about the latest developments in the industry.
The panel will be moderated by Mike Holley, Strategic Advisor at SCHUMANN. The panel's title is
Impact of government intervention on short term credit insurance during the COVID-19 crisis
and the panelists will discuss on the following questions:
- Given the need for government intervention in 2008/9 as well as 2020/21, is the private market capable of standing on its own feet long term?
- Was the privatisation of the 1990s an unqualified success?
- How easy will it be for governments to withdraw during 2021 without causing insolvencies?
- What is the reaction of private insurers to the government intervention?
- Will governments want to retain some influence or standby arrangements over the longer term?
- As it becomes more fashionable for governments to have an open industrial strategy, should governments become more actively involved in short term credit?
As Head of Marketing and Corporate Communications, Martina Hammer manages the organization and coordination of the marketing team.
She studied media and communication sciences and has been responsible for national and international press and corporate communications at SCHUMANN.
Head of Marketing and Corporate Communications, SCHUMANN